What is a woman to do when summer peaks and the forests are full of blueberries and you have a berry strong obsession?
Grab a bucket and go to the woods. Dave Letterman likes his top ten lists. Most of them I can’t relate to, so I decided to write a list that means something to me personally.
Top Ten Reasons To Get Out of the Berry Patch
10. Your bucket is full
9. Your teenie weenie freezer is full.
8. You begin to see more mosquitoes than berries.
7. You capture a deer fly in your armpit and he stings you twice.
6. You have to pee but you have no paper
5. You should have been at work an hour ago
4. There are so damn many berries that you couldn’t possibly pick them all—no challenge left.
3. You go to stand up straight and your back won’t straighten.
2. You go to sit down and your sitter won’t sit.
1. You hear a growl and suddenly understand why they put a “bear” in berry.
All but #1 have been my recent experience. Just having some fun tonight.
But really, on a more serious note, are two gallons of wild blueberries enough or should I keep picking?
Share on Facebook